Objecting to the proposed formation of a shrine board, members of the Shri Brahmin Sabha submitted a memorandum addressed to the chief minister through the city magistrate on Tuesday.
The members have sought cancellation of the proposal. President of Shri Brahmin Sabha, Pandit Adhir Kaushik said that the State cabinet had decided to form a shrine board and bring 51 prominent temples under its purview.
Formation of the shrine board will affect religious traditions that have been going on for a long time. It will also affect the livelihoods of those undertaking various tasks at religious sites, he said.
Wednesday, 04 December 2019 | PNS | Haridwar
You might also like
- Ensure proper security, behave patiently with public: SSP December 4, 2019
- Confusion prevails over Champion’s expulsion December 4, 2019
- Deputy commandant’s parade held at IMA December 4, 2019
- HC quashes Doon Uni V-C’s appointment December 4, 2019
- Brahmin Sabha opposes Shrine Board formation December 4, 2019