Bharatiya Janata Party workers in Nainital took out a rally in support of the Citizenship (Amendment) Act and National Register of Citizens (NRC) here on Thursday. This demonstration comes a few days after the Nagrik Ekta Manch, Congress and various organisations undertook a protest rally against the CAA and NRC in the lake city on Tuesday.
The BJP city chief Anand Bisht said that misinformation about the CAA and NRC is being spread among the public. Accusing the opposition parties of undertaking a misinformation campaign to spread fear and suspicion among the people, he said that the rally taken out by the BJP here was aimed at raising public awareness on the issue.
It is pertinent to mention here that both the demonstrations- against the CAA and in support of the CAA were non-violent.
Friday, 27 December 2019 | PNS | Nainital
You might also like
- Inmate attempts suicide in Haridwar jail December 27, 2019
- ONGC wins Golden Peacock for Risk Management December 27, 2019
- 3-month old girl swallows earring, saved by AIIMS December 27, 2019
- Motorcade suffers mishap,BJP State chief has narrow escape All including Bhatt uninjured following mishap caused by frost on the road December 27, 2019
- Delhi polls date anytime after Jan 6 December 27, 2019