Agitated by the attack on the Kedarnath MLA, Manoj Rawat, the workers of Congress party burned the effigies of the State administration in all the district headquarters on Saturday.
In Dehradun, the party workers, led by Mahanagar president Lalchand Sharma, assembled at the State party headquarters on the day and marched to the Atley hall.
Here, the workers held a vehement protest against the prevailing law and order situation in the State.
Lal Chand Sharma said that an attempt to throw petrol on the MLA with an intention to harm him shows that the law and order situation in the State has got completely paralysed.
He said that the incident has exposed the claims of governance with no place for fear.
The workers then consigned to flames an effigy of State administration.
Sunday, 10 November 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Verdict won’t end political discourse around Mandir November 10, 2019
- People’s response reflects unity in diversity, says PM November 10, 2019
- Ayodhya verdict… Judgement historic, remain away from rumours: CM November 10, 2019
- We respect judgement: Pritam Singh November 10, 2019
- Ayodhya Verdict: U’khand remains peaceful; police on high alert November 10, 2019