The 60th birth anniversary of the late former Mahanagar head of Bharatiya Janata Party, Umesh Agrawal was commemorated as Sewa Diwas on Monday. Participating in the event, chief minister Trivendra Singh Rawat launched the Umesh Agrawal Foundation website and also distributed school bags and dresses to school children on behalf of the foundation.
Speaking on the occasion, Rawat said that Agrawal was a leader connected to the people who had contributed to various social activities. By moving forward in the sphere of social service, his son is carrying forward the work of his father. He appreciated the Agrawal family for creating a foundation to help school children and others. Everybody needs to come forward for social service, he added.
The Vidhan Sabha Speaker Prem Chand Agrawal, BJP State president and MP Ajay Bhatt, Dehradun mayor Sunil Uniyal ‘Gama’, MLAs Ganesh Joshi, Khajan Das, Pushkar Dhami, Umesh Sharma ‘Kau’ and Umesh Agrawal’s son Siddharth Agrawal were also among those present on the occasion.
Tuesday, 31 December 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Minster orders construction of helipads in Pauri district December 31, 2019
- All need to come forward for social service: CM December 31, 2019
- Recruitment on 2500 posts in U’khand stalled December 31, 2019
- New Year to bring severe cold conditions in State December 31, 2019
- Cold takes toll on health of children & elderly December 31, 2019