Breaking News

Agnipath scheme; CM Dhami holds interaction with veterans

Tuesday, 21 June 2022 | PNS | Dehradun

We are working on a plan for Agniveer’s participation in Horticulture, police force- Dhami

In the backdrop of the continued protests in different parts of the country against the Agnipath scheme for recruitment in the armed forces, chief minister Pushkar Singh Dhami had an interaction with the armed forces veterans on Monday. Incidentally Uttarakhand is the only State to have such type of dialogue at the highest level of governance on the issue. Interacting with the ex-servicemen at his camp office on Monday, Dhami said that sense of patriotism is deep rooted in the youngsters of the state and most of them have welcomed the Agnipath scheme. He said the life of the Prime Minister Narendra Modi is dedicated for the country and all the decisions he has so far taken are in the interest of the country. He said that welfare of the person standing last on the social ladder is the priority of PM Modi. Elaborating on the some of the decisions taken by the PM, Dhami said that he took a decision on long pending issue of One Rank One Pension (OROP) and implemented it. Similarly he made arrangement for the high tech equipment for the Jawans deployed in Siachen.

Lauding the Agnipath scheme, he said that 25 per cent of the Agniveers would be regularised in the armed forces while arrangements are being made to accommodate remaining 75 per cent in the paramilitary forces, police force and other organisations . He pointed out that the Agniveers would definitely get priority in every sector and they will have sufficient funds to start their own business and pursue higher studies. Dhami said that this year 46,000 Agniveers would be recruited which would help in making the profile of the army younger.

He said that Uttarakhand government is preparing a plan to promote the Agniveers to take up horticulture after serving the armed forces. Dhami added that he has already disclosed the plan to give priority to Agniveers in recruitment in the state police. Striking a personal chord with the retried armed forces personnel, Dhami said that he too is son of an ex servicemen and he has natural affection for the army. Dhami said that he is feeling as if among the guardians and family members. The armed forces personnel present on the occasion expressed their views on the issue. CM said that their suggestions would be compiled and sent to the union government and defence ministry. He added that  youths should be prevented from getting misguided on the Agnipath scheme and for this they should be provided with correct facts about the scheme.

The Sainik Kalyan minister Ganesh Joshi said that Uttarakhand has a tradition of serving in the armed forces. He said that the scheme has been welcomed generally. Joshi said that the state government is contemplating on the measures it can take for the Agniveers in different schemes.

The Additional chief secretary Radha Raturi, Director General (DG) of state police Ashok Kumar, Major General (retd) M L Aswal, Maj Gen (retd) S Sabbarwal, special principal secretary Abhinav Kumar, secretary Deependra Chaudhary and armed forces veterans were present on the occasion. All the district magistrates (DM) and SSPs were connected virtually in the programme.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button