After Guv offer, BJP to take call on formation of Maha Govt today
After a fortnight-long political stalemate, Maharashtra Governor Bhagat Singh Koshyari late on Saturday invited caretaker Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis, which is the single largest party, to “convey” to the Raj Bhavan his “willingness and ability” to form a Government in Maharashtra.
Though the Press release issued by Raj Bhavan did not specify the timeline, official sources said the single largest party had been given time till November 11 to inform the Governor about its decision to form a Government.
Confirming that his party had received an invitation from the Governor, senior State BJP leader Sudhir Mungantiwar said the core group of the State BJP would meet on Sunday to decide on whether to form a Government or not.
Sunday, 10 November 2019 | TN Raghunatha | Mumbai
You might also like
- Sara Ali Khan does yoga by swimming pool August 3, 2020
- Shah tests Covid +ve, hospitalized August 3, 2020
- Covid-19 Patient count surges to 7593 in U’khand August 3, 2020
- Sweets business picks up on weekend after months August 3, 2020
- Rakshabandhan: CM announces Rs 1,000 each for Anganwadi & Asha workers, free travel for women in UTC buses August 3, 2020