ABVP demands removal of semester system from all colleges
The effigy of Sridev Suman Uttarakhand University administration burned by students.
Demanding removal of semester system in all the colleges, the activists of Akhil Bharatiya Vidhyarthi Parishad (ABVP) organised a vehement protest here on Friday. The protesters also burned an effigy of the Sridev Suman Uttarakhand University on the occasion. On the day, the members of the organization assembled at the Lansdowne Chowk. Shouting slogans against the University administration for abolishing the semester system only in 51 government colleges, the students demanded that in all affiliated colleges the system of semester should be removed. The student leaders said that the uncertainty prevails among the students on the semester system and a uniform system should be adopted on it. They pointed out that in semester system still continues in the Rishikesh PG -College, private colleges and the aided colleges which is creating problem and confusion in the students. Former President of the students union of DAV- PG College, Paras Goyal said that the university should abolish semester system in all the colleges without any further delay. He warned of an agitation if the demand is not accepted.
Saturday, December 28, 2019|PNS|Dehradun
You might also like
- ABVP demands removal of semester system from all colleges December 28, 2019
- First two hours crucial for accident victims- AIIMS director December 28, 2019
- Winter affects business as arrivals dwindle in Haridwar December 28, 2019
- The Yazidi situation brought Murad along with her attorney towards the flooring associated with the U.N., in September 2016 December 28, 2019
- At 35, Mig-27 is now history for IAF December 28, 2019