An 86-year old woman died in an accidental fire accident at Govindgarh in Garhi cantonment on Friday. The deceased has been identified as Renuka Pokhriyal. According to police, prima facie the cause of fire appears to be short circuit, but the investigation in the case is still ongoing.
According to the information provided by local police, the incident happened between 3:30 AM and 4 AM. They received information about a fire in a house at Govindgarh in which an old woman had died. Upon reaching at the spot, the son of the deceased woman said that his mother was sleeping in a room while he and wife were in another room. Suddenly, the room in which his mother was sleeping got filled with smoke. By the time they went inside the room, she was burnt and had suffocated to death. The deceased woman had reportedly sustained 80 per cent burns when she was found.
Saturday, 09 November 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Pilot back to recover lost ground August 12, 2020
- Eminent poet Rahat Indori dies during Covid cure August 12, 2020
- 411 fresh cases of Covid-19 reported in U’khand August 12, 2020
- Transfer personnel within a week from secretariat sections: CM August 12, 2020
- AIIMS Rishikesh now has helipad on campus August 12, 2020