The second Maldevta Paragliding Festival 2019 got off to a flying start here on Friday. The four-day event being organised by the Uttarakhand Tourism Development Board (UTDB), Border Security Force (BSF) and Himalayan Aero-Sports Association (HASA) was inaugurated by the director general (Law and Order) Ashok Kumar.
According to the event organisers, about 60 participants from across the nation are participating in the paragliding accuracy competition being held as part of this four-day festival. On the first day, paragliders from states including Arunachal Pradesh, Sikkim, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand and Delhi among others exhibited their skills.
Speaking at the inaugural session, BSF commandant Rajkumar Negi presented an outline of the programme. There are immense possibilities for paragliding in Uttarakhand, he said. A place like Maldevta can be developed into a hub of paragliding, he added.
Speaking on the occasion, the HASA president Shubhang Raturi said that this four-day event will include tandem flying, paragliding, hot air ballooning and cultural programmes. Uttarakhand tourism representative Jaspal Singh Chauhan welcomed the participants and tourists attending the event.
Saturday, 28 September 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- 50:50 Sena’s post-poll artifice, asserts Shah November 14, 2019
- Cabinet meeting: Start-ups to reserve 50 % jobs to locals in U’khand November 14, 2019
- No stone crushers within 3 kms of rivers November 14, 2019
- Ensure max participation in Khel Mahakumbh: Minister November 14, 2019
- Lack of infrastructure fuels traffic congestion in Doon November 14, 2019