The police registered 46 cases and arrested a total of 263 persons in the state for violating conditions of the state-wide lockdown on Friday. It is pertinent to mention that in order to prevent crowding during the 7 AM to 10 AM window in the state-wide lockdown for purchasing essential items, the State government had extended this window till 1 PM on Friday. While the movement of four-wheelers was prohibited during this window, only one person was allowed on two-wheelers. Despite the extended window in the state-wide lockdown a number of persons were found violating the conditions of the lockdown in different parts of the state on Friday.
According to information provided by the police headquarters, a total of 46 cases were lodged and 263 persons were arrested for violating the lockdown on Friday. A total of 271 cases have been registered and 1,528 persons have been arrested in the state so far for violating the lockdown rules. Along with this, so far under the Motor Vehicles Act, challans have been issued to owners of 5,778 vehicles, 1,590 vehicles have been seized and Rs 2,429,770 has been collected in compounding charges by the police for violation of the government’s directions.
Saturday, 28 March 2020 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- CM deputes ministers to monitor COVID-19 situation in districts March 28, 2020
- Depute older personnel to office tasks: DG March 28, 2020
- 1,528 arrested in state so far for violating lockdown March 28, 2020
- Thousands of poor U’khandis stranded in Delhi, other areas March 28, 2020
- Guv attends COVID-19 video conference chaired by President March 28, 2020