Kisan Mela attracts farmers due to its various features and products available
The 104th Kisan Mela was inaugurated at the GB Pant University of Agriculture and Technology here on Friday. It was formally inaugurated by the university Vice-Chancellor and Kumaon commissioner Rajeev Rautela.
Addressing the gathering on the occasion as the chief guest, Rautela said that the university had established its identity due to its work spanning about six decades.
The Kisan Mela has continued to attract farmers due to its various features and products available. The event is also an effective platform for transferring the results of research by scientists and other important information to farmers. He exhorted the visiting farmers to spend as much time as possible in the Kisan Mela, acquire the information available and make good use of it. Advising the university officials to present the event in a more systematic way, he said that stalls should be set up and managed according to the interest of farmers.
This will make it more convenient for farmers who will have to spend less time to visit the stalls of their interest for the information they seek.
Udhan Singh Nagar district magistrate Neeraj Khairwal appreciated the university and the event. He said that farmers from the Terai region and various places across the nation visit the Kisan Mela to acquire useful knowledge.
He suggested that with the help of the university, a smart village could also be developed in the district.
The university’s director of extension education YPS Dabas, director of research SN Tiwari and others also expressed their views on the occasion. District SSP Sadanand Date was also present on the occasion read more post.
Saturday, 06 October 2018 | PNS | Pantnagar–
You might also like
- (no title) November 14, 2019
- Governor’s decision unconstitutional November 14, 2019
- Trouble in Jharkhand November 14, 2019
- Deepika shares Ranveer’s photo November 14, 2019
- There is absolutely no contract among practitioners on who should produce the directions, although some psychologists recommend an organization that is professional including the United states Psychological Assn., might be best matched to complete the task. November 14, 2019