A youth from Saharanpur in Uttar Pradesh first murdered his paramour and then killed himself in a hotel in Roorkee under the jurisdiction of Gangnehar police station. Police said that their parents not agreeing to their marriage, the couple had taken the extreme step of ending their lives together. The bodies had been sent for post-mortem after being taken into their custody, police said and added that the parents of both the deceased had been informed. A suicide note had also been recovered, informed police.
According to the police, the couple rented a room in a hotel located near Azad Nagar Chowk around noon on Thursday. The youth had kept his motorbike in parking area of a company running nearby. “At around 10 pm the same day, when the company car was to be taken out the company employees approached the hotelier.
The hotel owner reached the room. As no response came from inside he peeped inside from the window and saw the couple lying on the bed. We have taken both the bodies into custody,” said SP rural Navneet Singh Bhullar.
Saturday, 26 January 2019 | PNS | Haridwar
You might also like
- SP not to field candidate from Garhwal March 25, 2019
- UKD announces candidates from five constituencies March 25, 2019
- Modi, Shah, Union ministers & others to campaign in U’khand March 25, 2019
- Congress announces candidates for five seats March 25, 2019
- Management seals HMT plant, workers protest March 25, 2019