Accused of repeated sexual assaults on a minor for a year, a youth from Teliwala village of Haridwar district was arrested by Haridwar police after a case was registered against him under Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act. He had allegedly repeatedly molested the minor girl for over a year and following complaint by her relatives, a case was registered and he was arrested on Sunday.
The accused was arrested from near an NIC Inter College of Dhanori village.
The Police said that Amit Kumar alias Johny of Teliwala village had been molesting a 15 year old girl of his own village and also made a video of the girl. He kept on harassing her for the past one year and the girl had gone into depression. Now following complaint by her relatives, police registered the case against him and after checking various places arrested him on Sunday. Police station in-charge of Kaliyar, Santosh Singh told this correspondent that the victim has been sent for medical check-up to district hospital while the accused had been sent to police custody.
Monday, 30 September 2019 | PNS | Haridwar
You might also like
- Reduce number of pending cases, stresses Chief Justice Ranganathan September 30, 2019
- Youth arrested under POCSO Act September 30, 2019
- Dehradun SSP suspends two officers September 30, 2019
- Festival of nine auspicious nights begins September 30, 2019
- The Ban on Single Use Plastics : Towards Gandhian Ideal Of Clean India September 30, 2019