Avoid self medication and take advice of doctors and pharmacists for medicines- DG
The director general (DG) of the state health services, Dr R K Pandey has said that the people should not go for self medication and take advise of doctors and pharmacists. In a message on the ‘World pharmacist day’ ,the DG said that the theme of this year ‘Safe and effective medicine for all’ is very apt and important. He said that only the medicines prepared in accordance with the norms are effective in treatment of patients. Dr Pandey said that the role of pharmacists in health system is of paramount importance and the pharmacist act as a link between doctor and patient. In the state health services of Uttarakhand 1500 pharmacists are posted in different hospitals and health centres.
The district unit of diploma pharmacist of Uttarakhand organised a programme in the Government Doon Medical College (GDMC) hospital on the day. The pharmacists also distributed fruits to the patients in the hospital a mark of their respect for the profession.
Thursday, 26 September 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Sunni Board won’t seek Ayodhya verdict review November 27, 2019
- Tai’s warmth wins Jr Pawar back November 27, 2019
- 26-hr countdown for launch of CARTOSAT-3, 13 nano-satellites Begins November 27, 2019
- Exit Fadnavis November 27, 2019
- PoK natives in Doon reminisce old times & hardships November 27, 2019