A workshop to sensitize female health workers on care of pregnant mothers and improvement in vaccination was organised under the aegis of medical health and family welfare department here on Thursday. The objective of the workshop was to reduce the mother and the child mortality rate and inform the participants about the strategy to be adopted for achieving the desired results by the year 2020.
Speaking on the occasion, the director National Health Mission, Dr Anjali Nautiyal said that female health workers should provide service to the expectant mothers with compassion instead of working mechanically. The additional director National Programme, Dr Saroj Naithani said that the nursing staff should provide quality services to the pregnant women. The key note speaker in the workshop was Dr Gayatri Sharma of Gayatri Pariwar, Shantikunj Haridwar. She emphasised on the need of good behaviour in the care of pregnant women.
Friday, 01 March 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- ‘Main Bhi Chowkidar’: Poor watchmen hope for Acche Din March 23, 2019
- Mala Rajya Laxmi Shah, two others file nominations from Tehri March 23, 2019
- Nishank supporters celebrate, factions close ranks to ensure win March 23, 2019
- BJP candidates file nominations from Tehri, Garhwal March 23, 2019
- BJP lists candidates for 5 Parliamentary seats March 23, 2019