A two day workshop of seven north Indian states on the ways to tackle dwindling sex ratio on the basis of PCPNDT Act concluded here on Friday.
On the day, the representatives of these states gave presentations on the measures taken in their states to address the issue. Speaking on the occasion, the mission director of the National Health Mission (NHM), Yugal Kishore Pant said that to correct the decreasing sex ratio, there is a need to develop a thought process outside the purview of the PCPNDT act. He said that the discriminatory mentality of the society is the main reason behind the problem.
On the issue of difference in data of sex ratio, the MD, NHM said that a person electronic health profile with the help of World Bank funded Uttarakhand Health system development project is being prepared which would verify the data of sex ratio.
Saturday, 28 September 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Workshop of Northern states on PCPNDT Act held September 28, 2019
- Man allegedly strangles wife to death September 28, 2019
- Alia lauds Bachchan September 27, 2019
- Apple Watch Series 5: Wear your personal doctor 24/7 September 27, 2019
- CBI picks up IPS officer in first arrest in Narada scam September 27, 2019