A two day workshop of seven north Indian states on the ways to tackle dwindling sex ratio on the basis of PCPNDT Act concluded here on Friday.
On the day, the representatives of these states gave presentations on the measures taken in their states to address the issue. Speaking on the occasion, the mission director of the National Health Mission (NHM), Yugal Kishore Pant said that to correct the decreasing sex ratio, there is a need to develop a thought process outside the purview of the PCPNDT act. He said that the discriminatory mentality of the society is the main reason behind the problem.
On the issue of difference in data of sex ratio, the MD, NHM said that a person electronic health profile with the help of World Bank funded Uttarakhand Health system development project is being prepared which would verify the data of sex ratio.
Saturday, 28 September 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- All the Rise about Web based slots November 17, 2019
- The way in which video games will help uou learn Speech November 17, 2019
- RCom chairman Anil Ambani, four directors resign November 17, 2019
- U’khand conducive for investments: Utpal Kumar Singh November 17, 2019
- SC verdict on Rafale: BJP workers demand apology from Rahul Gandhi November 17, 2019