More than one lakh employees boycotted work and protest across the state under the banner of Uttarakhand Adhikari-Karmchari Samanvay Manch (UAKSM) in support of their demands on Wednesday. The work boycott by the employees causing much inconvenience to the public with various departmental works being affected by the protest. The protesting employees also staged demonstrations in the various district headquarters.
The protesting employees are demanding amendment in the government order regarding facility provided to its employees under the Atal Ayushman Uttarakhand Yojana. They are also demanding resolution of promotion and paygrade issues under seventh pay commission, restoration of the earlier pension system and last posting before retirement in home district among other demands. Meanwhile, on Wednesday, various important works in different departments were stalled due to the employees boycotting work. Works including those done by engineers in the Public Works Department, Irrigation department and other works in the agriculture department, transport, RTO, forest department and other departments were affected by the work boycott on Wednesday. Read more posts…
You might also like
- ‘Main Bhi Chowkidar’: Poor watchmen hope for Acche Din March 23, 2019
- Mala Rajya Laxmi Shah, two others file nominations from Tehri March 23, 2019
- Nishank supporters celebrate, factions close ranks to ensure win March 23, 2019
- BJP candidates file nominations from Tehri, Garhwal March 23, 2019
- BJP lists candidates for 5 Parliamentary seats March 23, 2019