More than one lakh employees boycotted work and protest across the state under the banner of Uttarakhand Adhikari-Karmchari Samanvay Manch (UAKSM) in support of their demands on Wednesday. The work boycott by the employees causing much inconvenience to the public with various departmental works being affected by the protest. The protesting employees also staged demonstrations in the various district headquarters.
The protesting employees are demanding amendment in the government order regarding facility provided to its employees under the Atal Ayushman Uttarakhand Yojana. They are also demanding resolution of promotion and paygrade issues under seventh pay commission, restoration of the earlier pension system and last posting before retirement in home district among other demands. Meanwhile, on Wednesday, various important works in different departments were stalled due to the employees boycotting work. Works including those done by engineers in the Public Works Department, Irrigation department and other works in the agriculture department, transport, RTO, forest department and other departments were affected by the work boycott on Wednesday. Read more posts…
You might also like
- 72 Hours…movie on the legendary solider to be released on Friday January 15, 2019
- Wanted to be a part of Simmba: Priya Prakash Varrier January 15, 2019
- The chameleon’s game January 15, 2019
- No threat to Cong-JD(S) Govt: HDK January 15, 2019
- First Shahi Snan of biggest congregation today January 15, 2019