More than one lakh employees boycotted work and protest across the state under the banner of Uttarakhand Adhikari-Karmchari Samanvay Manch (UAKSM) in support of their demands on Wednesday. The work boycott by the employees causing much inconvenience to the public with various departmental works being affected by the protest. The protesting employees also staged demonstrations in the various district headquarters.
The protesting employees are demanding amendment in the government order regarding facility provided to its employees under the Atal Ayushman Uttarakhand Yojana. They are also demanding resolution of promotion and paygrade issues under seventh pay commission, restoration of the earlier pension system and last posting before retirement in home district among other demands. Meanwhile, on Wednesday, various important works in different departments were stalled due to the employees boycotting work. Works including those done by engineers in the Public Works Department, Irrigation department and other works in the agriculture department, transport, RTO, forest department and other departments were affected by the work boycott on Wednesday. Read more posts…
You might also like
- Don’t make it prestige issue: Vardhan to Didi June 15, 2019
- Doctors adamant on Didi’s apology June 15, 2019
- Reject free ride plan, it’ll lead to bankruptcy: Metro Man to Modi June 15, 2019
- Speak Bengali if you want to stay in Bengal, says Mamata June 15, 2019
- Mi-17 to drop ITBP team at Nanda Devi East base camp June 15, 2019