Tuesday, 23 January 2018 | PNS | Dehradun-
Women travelling in the city buses of Dehradun would now blow whistle if they feel threatened or harassed while travelling. Under project ‘Aawaj’ the State police installed whistle in 60 city buses on Monday. The whistle would make the driver, conductor, other passengers and police alert about harassment to women and their timely action would provide protection.
The traffic police installed 1600 whistles in the city buses under the project which means raising their voice. The Additional Director General (ADG) Law and Order Ashok Kumar was himself present in a city bus when the whistles were being fixed in it.
You might also like
- 8 Opp MPs suspended for Session September 22, 2020
- Covid-19 tally climbs to 41777 in U’khand September 22, 2020
- Ministers, MLAs tested for Covid-19 September 22, 2020
- Agitation of docs, nurses could derail health services September 22, 2020
- Cong supports agitating doctors & nurses September 22, 2020