A woman was killed by a leopard on Saturday in the Nainital forest division, informed the forest department officials. According to officials, the incident took place on Saturday morning in the Ranibagh compartment number eight of the Manora forest range.
The Nainital divisional forest officer Biju Lal TR said, “This is the second incident that took place in the border area of Nainital-Ramnagar and Haldwani forest division within a couple of months.”
The victim, identified as Pushpa Devi (60), was a resident of Kathgodam area. Department officials said that ex-gratia of Rs one lakh has been provided to the family of the victim while the remaining Rs two lakh will be provided on Monday after the completion of the necessary formalities. The range officer Bhupal Singh Mehta also gave Rs 10,000 personally to the bereaved family for immediate expenses. Officials informed that they will soon install seven camera traps in the area to help identify the leopard. Additionally, four cages are also being set up in an attempt to catch the leopard.
Sunday, 12 July 2020 | PNS | Haldwani
You might also like
- Only 4 on temple stage with PM August 4, 2020
- Covid-19 count touches 7800 in U’khand August 4, 2020
- About 3,900 people registered in HOPE portal for employment opportunities August 4, 2020
- 2000 Rakhis, masks sent to soldiers in Siachen August 4, 2020
- AIIMS Rishikesh sets up stroke treatment unit August 4, 2020