A woman died in a chance encounter with an elephant in the Terai east forest division here on Monday. The Terai east divisional forest officer (DFO) Nitish Mani Tripathi informed that 55-year old Parvati Devi died in a sudden attack by an elephant at about 5:30 PM. The incident took place in Beripadav beat of Gaula range in the forest division. The husband of the deceased woman works as a beat watcher in the forest division’s Kishanpur range. The DFO further informed that as per the state government guidelines, Rs three lakh ex-gratia will be provided to the family of the deceased on Tuesday.
It is pertinent to mention here that the lady was killed about 200 metres away from her home in Haripur Thatola village. The police took possession of her body and sent it for post mortem examination.
Tuesday, 07 July 2020 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Prepare for increased movement in coming days: CS September 20, 2020
- Saturday closure of markets turns out to be a flop September 20, 2020
- Monsoon session of Assembly : Ministers, MLAs to undergo Covid-19 tests September 20, 2020
- Will attempt to have all of Doon’s courts in one premises: CM September 20, 2020
- Cong suspends all programmes for a week September 20, 2020