The district police Chamoli claimed to have cracked two cases on Monday-one related to a theft involving a mobile shop in Tapowan and a murder case with the arrest of an woman from Haridwar who remained fugitive for the past two years.
It is learnt that a Joshimath police team recovered mobiles stolen earlier based on the information by a Nepalese boy who was detained. During questioning, the boy is said to have revealed that he used to steal mobile phones from shops in Tapowan area with the assistance of one Dinesh Thapar . He is reported to have further said that they slipped back to Nepal after they committed such thefts. Police said that the juvenile from Nepal would be produced before the Juvenile Court and the second accused would be nabbed soon.
In the second breakthrough, Kotwali Chamoli police arrested one Geeta Rana who was absconding for the past two years while living somewhere in Haridwar in connection with a murder case. She was produced in the court and was sent to jail under judicial custody. Police had lodged a missing report on the basis of the complaint lodged by the mother of the missing girl Preeti Sati of Kotwali Chamoli on August 23 2015. The body of Preeti had been found floating in Srinagar barrage on August 26 2015. Finally, the murder case was cracked with the arrest of Geeta, the accused, police said.
You might also like
- BMC action is ‘rape of my dreams, confidence, self-respect, future: Kangana September 18, 2020
- 4 Indian cities slip in Global Smart City rankings September 18, 2020
- No power can prevent Army patrols in Ladakh: Rajnath September 18, 2020
- Harsimrat quits over farm Bills September 18, 2020
- Under secretary Hari Singh dies of Covid September 18, 2020