Welham Boys’ hosts all-India Oliphant Memorial English Debate
St. Joseph’s Academy bags the trophy
The 29th edition of The Annual Oliphant Memorial Debates organized in the memory of Hersilia Susie Oliphant, Founder, Welham Boys’ School saw participation of 80 students. The two day event ended on Saturday.
Dehradun’s St. Joseph’s Academy went on to bag the title of winners and were awarded a cash prize of Rs 20000 by the organisers.
Welham Boys’ School was adjusted the runners up. The award for the best debater was given to Saloni Kathait from St Joseph’s Academy.
The debate Finals were judged by journalist Anupma Khanna, educationist Philip Burrett and the founder of Theatrecian, Tathagatha Chowdhury.
The overall best speakers for the preliminary rounds were Drisha Dadheech and Shubhankar Dhulia from Shiv Nadar and Welham Boys’ School respectively and were awarded with Rs. 5000 cash prize each. Piya Sharma and Samishta Bhatt from Shiv Nadar and Doon International School respectively shared the award for the Most Promising Speaker and a cash prize of Rs 4000 each as well.
01 September 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Only 4 on temple stage with PM August 4, 2020
- Covid-19 count touches 7800 in U’khand August 4, 2020
- About 3,900 people registered in HOPE portal for employment opportunities August 4, 2020
- 2000 Rakhis, masks sent to soldiers in Siachen August 4, 2020
- AIIMS Rishikesh sets up stroke treatment unit August 4, 2020