The number of new cases and active cases in a week showing marked decline
In an indication of an improved situation of Covid-19 contagion in the state the week ending on June 4 reported the least number of active cases and new cases in the last six weeks. More than ten thousand tests were done for the second consecutive week during June 28 to July 4. The data provided by the Social Development for Communities Foundation shows that 10185 tests were done in the state for Covid-19 during June 28 to July 4 and 302 positive cases were reported by the state health department. Similarly 2502 patients recovered during this week and there were 522 active patients at the end of the week. The founder of the foundation Anoop Nautiyal said that the week ending on July 4 had the least number of active cases and new cases in the last six weeks which is a healthy sign for the state.
Sixteen weeks have ended after the first case of the disease was reported on March 15 in Uttarakhand. In the week 10 (May 17 to May 23), 153 new cases were reported and this week had 186 active cases. After this the number of active and new cases reported increased continuously. In week 11 (May 24 to May 30), 505 new cases were reported while the week had 639 active patients. In week 12, 554 new cases and 864 active cases were reported while 482 new cases and 677 active patients were there in week 13. The week 14 had 516 new cases and 809 active cases and the week 15 ( June 21 to June 27) reported 490 new cases and 824 active patients.
Monday, 06 July 2020 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Payal Ghosh on why she named Huma Qureshi, Mahie Gill in MeToo charge against Anurag Kashyap September 23, 2020
- Dia Mirza: Never procured, consumed narcotic or contraband substance September 23, 2020
- China sitting pretty September 23, 2020
- Minister Dhan Singh, Cong deputy leader, BJP MLA test positive for Covid September 23, 2020
- 11 deaths, 874 new Covid-19 cases in U’khand September 23, 2020