1455730 voters to exercise their franchise to decide the fate of 12094 candidates in the fray.
Stage is all set for second phase of polling in the three tier Panchayati Raj elections currently in progress in the 12 districts of the state. In the election of Friday, 1455730 voters belonging to 31 blocks of the state would exercise their constitutional right to decide the fate of 12094 candidates. The State Election Commission (SEC) has made all the necessary preparations for free and fair elections. On Thursday 2922 polling parties departed for their destinations. On Wednesday 227 parties had departed for the polling stations located in remote areas.
In these elections 6354 candidates are in fray for 2659 posts of Village Pradhans and for 1037 posts of member block Panchayats 3195 candidates are in the contest. For the post of member district Panchayat, 573 candidates are in the fray for 119 seats.
The counting of votes would be done on October 21 and the results are expected to be declared on the same day.
Blocks of 12 district where voting would be held on Friday
1. Almora – Chaukhutiya, Dwarahat, Tadikhet and Bhaisiachena blocks. 2. Pauri – Yamkeshwar, Dwarikhal, Jaiharikhal, Ekeshwar and Duggada blocks. 3. Udham Singh Nagar– Bajpur, Kashipur and Jaspur blocks. 4. Champawat – Lohaghat and Barakot. 5. Pithoragarh – Berinag, and Gangolihat blocks. 6. Nainital -Kotabagh, Dhari and Ramgarh. 7. Bageshwar -Garud. 8. Uttarkashi – Chinyalisaur and Naugaon blocks. 9. Chamoli – Karnprayag, Gairsain and Pokhri blocks. 10. Tehri – Dholdhar, Johnpur and Pratapnagar blocks. 11. Dehradun – Sahaspur and Kalsi blocks. 12. Rudraprayag– Jakholi block
Friday, 11 October 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Candid Notes October 11, 2019
- CM inaugurates 2-day workshop on economic & social transformation through GPDP October 11, 2019
- Voting for II phase of Panchayat elections today October 11, 2019
- MCD to hold human chain event on November 5 October 11, 2019
- HC seeks reply on blocked elephant corridors October 11, 2019