As per the directions of the Election Commission of India, a string of voter awareness campaigns have been proposed in Dehradun, intended to make the people aware of the importance of elections and participating in it through casting votes.
The first programme has been scheduled at Raipur Chowk on February 4 during which street play, slogan and voting oath would be held. On February 7, a cultural team would hold oath and human chain programme at Prem Nagar Chowk. Besides, a cultural team would hold mehndi and oath programme at ISBT Mall on February 9.
On 11 February, street play, painting and oath programme would be held at the Press Club. February 13 would see puppet shows, street play, rangoli, human chain and oath programmes in village Guniyal during which the State icon Tashi Malik and Nungshi Malik would be present.
On February 15, the people would be made aware of voting by holding street play, sand art, human chain and oath programme in Shivpuri Rishikesh during which vote oath would be administered to the attendees. The State Election Commission sources further informed that quiz regarding elections and information about EVM and VVPAT would be provided at all these places. They further said that attractive prizes would also be given to the winners of various competitions.
Sunday, 03 February 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Management seals HMT plant, workers protest March 25, 2019
- Hundreds of students pledge for water conservation March 25, 2019
- Time to Act- TB is preventable and curable March 25, 2019
- Forty Five Years of Chipko which Brought Uttarakhand Region into Global Focus March 25, 2019
- ‘Main Bhi Chowkidar’: Poor watchmen hope for Acche Din March 23, 2019