As per the directions of the Election Commission of India, a string of voter awareness campaigns have been proposed in Dehradun, intended to make the people aware of the importance of elections and participating in it through casting votes.
The first programme has been scheduled at Raipur Chowk on February 4 during which street play, slogan and voting oath would be held. On February 7, a cultural team would hold oath and human chain programme at Prem Nagar Chowk. Besides, a cultural team would hold mehndi and oath programme at ISBT Mall on February 9.
On 11 February, street play, painting and oath programme would be held at the Press Club. February 13 would see puppet shows, street play, rangoli, human chain and oath programmes in village Guniyal during which the State icon Tashi Malik and Nungshi Malik would be present.
On February 15, the people would be made aware of voting by holding street play, sand art, human chain and oath programme in Shivpuri Rishikesh during which vote oath would be administered to the attendees. The State Election Commission sources further informed that quiz regarding elections and information about EVM and VVPAT would be provided at all these places. They further said that attractive prizes would also be given to the winners of various competitions.
Sunday, 03 February 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- DMK gives Congress 10 seats in TN, Puducherry February 21, 2019
- MBS backs India’s war on terror February 21, 2019
- Speaker forms committee on District Level Development Authority February 21, 2019
- Waste to energy policy ready for waste management: Min February 21, 2019
- Roads, health services in pathetic condition: Indira Hridayesh February 21, 2019