Visitors throng Nainital to celebrate New Year
The last day of the year 2018 saw a large number of people thronging the lake city Nainital to celebrate the advent of the new year. New year parties were held in various hotels and other locations in the city on the occasion. This year the hotel association did not put up illuminations on the Mall Road nor were speakers installed there to broadcast music. However, special arrangements were made in various hotels for the guests and revelers. A musical night was held at the Manu Maharani hotel with more than 70 dishes of various cuisines served to guests on the occasion. A fashion show, various types of games and dance for couples was also organised. A musical programme and other events were held at hotel Balrampur House. At the Shervani Hilltop hotel, various programmes including a kite flying competition were held for the guests. Various programmes were held and dishes including traditional dishes from Uttarakhand and items from other parts of India and abroad were served to guests in The Naini Retreat, Vikram Vintage Inn and other locations. Special cultural programmes were also held in the Kumaon Mandal Vikas Nigam guest houses. Apart from the events held in Nainital, similar celebrations were held in other nearby tourist destinations including Bhimtal, Naukuchiatal, Sattal, Jyolikot, Kilbury and Khurpatal among other places.
You might also like
- PM Modi to address public rally at Rudrapur on March 28 March 20, 2019
- Police deployment on basis of manpower audit in general election March 20, 2019
- Election commission keeping an eye on high value transactions- Sowjanya March 20, 2019
- BJP leaders pay homage to Parrikar March 20, 2019
- HC directs Govt to reply by March 27 on pharmacist recruitment issue March 20, 2019