In the sensational ‘me too’ sexual exploitation case involving the former state BJP general secretary (organisation) Sanjay Kumar, the statement of the alleged victim has been recorded in the court on Saturday. The court has recorded the statements of the alleged victim ‘ in camera’ under section 164 of Cr PC when she was produced before it by the police.
It is pertinent to mention here that Sanjay Kumar, who had to quit from the powerful post of the general secretary organisation of the state BJP unit following sexual harassment accusation hurled on him by a party worker, had recently gone to the Uttarakhand High Court ( HC). On his plea, the HC had granted a stay on his arrest.
Sunday, 20 January 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- ‘Main Bhi Chowkidar’: Poor watchmen hope for Acche Din March 23, 2019
- Mala Rajya Laxmi Shah, two others file nominations from Tehri March 23, 2019
- Nishank supporters celebrate, factions close ranks to ensure win March 23, 2019
- BJP candidates file nominations from Tehri, Garhwal March 23, 2019
- BJP lists candidates for 5 Parliamentary seats March 23, 2019