In the sensational ‘me too’ sexual exploitation case involving the former state BJP general secretary (organisation) Sanjay Kumar, the statement of the alleged victim has been recorded in the court on Saturday. The court has recorded the statements of the alleged victim ‘ in camera’ under section 164 of Cr PC when she was produced before it by the police.
It is pertinent to mention here that Sanjay Kumar, who had to quit from the powerful post of the general secretary organisation of the state BJP unit following sexual harassment accusation hurled on him by a party worker, had recently gone to the Uttarakhand High Court ( HC). On his plea, the HC had granted a stay on his arrest.
Sunday, 20 January 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Missing AN-32 found in ruins June 12, 2019
- Scholarships for 5 crore minority students: Naqvi June 12, 2019
- Pilgrimage centres becoming centres of tourism: Shankaracharya June 12, 2019
- Maharaj meets Patel, discusses tourism plans June 12, 2019
- Two expeditions slated to start today for retrieving bodies of climbers June 12, 2019