Seventeen railway coaches upgraded under Project Utkrisht will be used in the Ramnagar-Chandigarh express train. These railway coaches have various technological upgrades to make the travelling experience more convenient.
The coaches prepared after 30 trials at the mechanical workshop of the Izzatnagar rail division of north eastern railway will make the 395 kilometre journey between Ramnagar in the Terai region of Kumaon and Chandigarh considerably more convenient. The railway division public relations officer Rajendra Singh informed that old coaches made by the integral coach factory have been given a modern form under project Utkrisht. These upgraded coaches will be used in the Ramnagar-Chandigarh express train. He further informed that considering the requirements of senior citizens and women passengers, various modern upgrades have been made in these coaches. The first class air conditioned coaches will have a digital clock in each cabin, high quality ventilation system, WiFi system, sign boards for toilet facility, provision for WC toilet bowl seat cover, health faucet, touchless liquid soap dispensers in the toilets and stainless steel dustbins.
Train numbers 12527 up and 12528 down are fully prepared and have reached Ramnagar station.
Monday, 29 June 2020 | O P Agnihotri| Haldwani
You might also like
- Utkrisht coaches to ply on Ramnagar-Chandigarh route June 29, 2020
- Precuations important while enjoying further relaxations, opine locals & traders June 29, 2020
- Six arrested from unlicensed drug unit June 29, 2020
- Tribal students grow forest patch near Tons June 29, 2020
- Govt should improve its existing schools before starting new ones, opine parents June 29, 2020