Uttaranchal Roadways Karmchari Union (URKU) has announced a one- hour protest against the State’s decision to transfer the roadways workshop land to the Mussoorie-Dehradun Development Authority (MDDA). The general secretary of URKU, Ashok Chaudhary, said that they will be protesting against the Government’s decision on November 23.
In their letter to the Managing Director of Uttarakhand Transport Corporation (UTC), the unions said that Government has transferred the land of roadways workshop on Haridwar to MDDA for the construction of buildings under the Green Building Project and have only compensated Rs 20 crore for it, which almost nothing in comparison to the actual price of the land and the infrastructure it had.
The union further stated that amidst the financial crisis in which the UTC is presently, such ambitious project will only cause deterioration in their financial condition.
Stating the UTC has not been able to pay their salaries of the month of October and the amount for the compensation of all beneficiaries under the government scheme is also pending, with the present predicament UTC will only drown in more debt, which will result in the unemployment of transport employees.
It is pertinent to mention here that the Union has already requested the Governor, Chief Minister and the Chief secretary of Uttarakhand secretariat to intervene in the matter, but their issue has not been resolved yet.
Monday, 18 November 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Villagers seek protection from raiding elephants November 18, 2019
- 22-year-old dies in road accident November 18, 2019
- Soddisfazione 100% garantita. Dove Posso Ordinare Linezolid Senza Ricetta November 18, 2019
- Ordine Atenolol. Acquisto farmaci generici. Farmacia Trento Online November 18, 2019
- Kamagra Soft A Buon Mercato Senza Prescrizione Medica | Consegna in tutto il mondo libero | approccio Personal November 18, 2019