Union Min’s statement on FDI increase based on facts: BJP
Party terms Harish Rawat’s allegation laughable
The Bharatiya Janata Party has termed the statement of former Chief Minister and senior Congress leader Harish Rawat laughable in which he had averred that the statement made by Union Human Resource Development Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank about increase in foreign direct investment was incorrect.
The BJP State media in-charge Devendra Bhasin stressed, “The statement made by the Union Human Resource Development Minister in Dehradun regarding the increase in FDI was fully correct. However, without studying the issue, Harish Rawat not only termed these figures incorrect but also asked the Union minister to give him the binoculars which enable one to see the increase. The Minister’s statement that there was a 28 per cent increase in FDI during the first quarter of 2019-20 is based on facts. According to official data, the FDI in the said time period was $ 16.3 billion which is 28 per cent more than the amount during the corresponding period last year. The highest proportion of FDI has been received in the telecom sector followed by the service sector,” he said.
Bhasin further said, “One wonders whether there is something wrong with the vision of the Congress leaders. That is probably whey they are unable to view what is correct properly. If their vision improves, they will not need binoculars to see the truth. However, if their vision doesn’t improve, they will not be able to see the truth even through the strongest of binoculars.”
Wednesday, 11 September 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Union Min’s statement on FDI increase based on facts: BJP September 11, 2019
- Kaushik pulls up GAIL officials for delay in CGD work in Haridwar September 11, 2019
- NGT directs company to repair leakage in Srinagar dam power channel September 11, 2019
- STF arrests two cyber-crime criminals September 11, 2019
- Ahead of Panchayat polls, PCC president asks in-charges to tour districts and hold meetings September 11, 2019