The Union Minister for social justice and empowerment, Thawar Chand Gehlot, visited National Institute of Empowerment of the Persons with Visual Disabilities (NIEPVD) here on Saturday and inspected the newly constructed SC/ST hostel.
Speaking on the occasion, the Union Minister lauded the role played by the NIEPVD in providing education to the specially-abled. He assured that the institute would get every kind of support needed from his ministry.
The Minister also felicitated some national and international sportspersons of the institute on the occasion. He distributed equipment like smart phones and smart cards to the trainees of the visually handicapped centre under the Assistance to Disabled Persons for Purchase and Fitting of Aids and Appliances (ADIP) scheme.
The director of the institute, Nachiketa Raut, said that the Union Minister has given sanction for construction of a cricket stadium inside the institute. He said that the proposed stadium would be readied by end of this month.
The State Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Ajay Bhatt, Tehri MP Mala Rajya Laxmi Shah and member of SC/ ST Commission Swaraj Vidhwan accompanied the Union Minister during the visit.
Sunday, 03 February 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Missing AN-32 found in ruins June 12, 2019
- Scholarships for 5 crore minority students: Naqvi June 12, 2019
- Pilgrimage centres becoming centres of tourism: Shankaracharya June 12, 2019
- Maharaj meets Patel, discusses tourism plans June 12, 2019
- Two expeditions slated to start today for retrieving bodies of climbers June 12, 2019