The Union Minister for social justice and empowerment, Thawar Chand Gehlot, visited National Institute of Empowerment of the Persons with Visual Disabilities (NIEPVD) here on Saturday and inspected the newly constructed SC/ST hostel.
Speaking on the occasion, the Union Minister lauded the role played by the NIEPVD in providing education to the specially-abled. He assured that the institute would get every kind of support needed from his ministry.
The Minister also felicitated some national and international sportspersons of the institute on the occasion. He distributed equipment like smart phones and smart cards to the trainees of the visually handicapped centre under the Assistance to Disabled Persons for Purchase and Fitting of Aids and Appliances (ADIP) scheme.
The director of the institute, Nachiketa Raut, said that the Union Minister has given sanction for construction of a cricket stadium inside the institute. He said that the proposed stadium would be readied by end of this month.
The State Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Ajay Bhatt, Tehri MP Mala Rajya Laxmi Shah and member of SC/ ST Commission Swaraj Vidhwan accompanied the Union Minister during the visit.
Sunday, 03 February 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- DMK gives Congress 10 seats in TN, Puducherry February 21, 2019
- MBS backs India’s war on terror February 21, 2019
- Speaker forms committee on District Level Development Authority February 21, 2019
- Waste to energy policy ready for waste management: Min February 21, 2019
- Roads, health services in pathetic condition: Indira Hridayesh February 21, 2019