Unemployed physical education teachers march to secretariat
Demanding jobs, the federation of physical education teachers marched to the secretariat on Monday. Their plan was, however, foiled by the police as they were stopped midway.
Under the banner of unemployed bachelor of physical education and master of physical education federation, the youths have been staging a dharna near Parade Ground for the past many days. On Monday, the agitated members of the federation started to march towards state secretariat. But the march was stopped by police on Subhash Road near the State secretariat where the agitators sat on a dharna.
The patron of the federation, Himanshu Rajput said that the State Government should appoint one physical education teacher in every Government school. He said that the National Council of Education Research and Training (NCERT) has made physical education compulsory for students of classes I to X .“But no effort is being made to recruit the trained teachers for overall development of the children.” He further said that the members of the association would take their agitation to its logical end.
Tuesday, 08 January 2019 | PNS | Dehradun–
You might also like
- PM Modi to address public rally at Rudrapur on March 28 March 20, 2019
- Police deployment on basis of manpower audit in general election March 20, 2019
- Election commission keeping an eye on high value transactions- Sowjanya March 20, 2019
- BJP leaders pay homage to Parrikar March 20, 2019
- HC directs Govt to reply by March 27 on pharmacist recruitment issue March 20, 2019