U’khand Police to conduct month-long campaign against food adulteration
Taking cognisance of increased cases of adulteration in food items during festive season in the past, the Uttarakhand Police will be conducting one-month campaign starting from October 1. Director General (Law and Order) Ashok Kumar has ordered all districts to form a team for the campaign.
In the plains Superintendent of Police (city or rural) and in mountainous regions an officer of Deputy Superintendent of Police rank will be will be the nodal officer.
He also directed district officials to coordinate with the department of food and civil supply and consumer protection as their technical assistance is mandatory for the campaign.
DG Kumar said adulteration of food items is a dangerous crime, and the people involved in this can be booked under the Sections 272 and 276 of the Indian Penal Code.
Tuesday, 01 October 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- The edge November 15, 2019
- How Exactly To Clean Guide to Free Online Games. November 15, 2019
- Thaumaturgist Of Ounce Slot machine Sport With regard to Selling November 15, 2019
- BJP seeks Rahul’s apology,Cong ex-chief demands JPC November 15, 2019
- SC’s clean chit to Rafale deal again November 15, 2019