U-SAC HOLDS 2-DAY WORKSHOP AT INSTITUE OF HIMALAYAN GEOLOGY
Thursday, 15 March 2018 | PNS | Dehradun –
A two-day workshop, organised by Uttarakhand Space Application Centre (U-SAC) at Wadiya Institute of Himalayan Geology Dehradun concluded.
The workshop saw several specialists and experts expressing their views on beautifying tourism, sensing techniques, geographical information system and applications. Photographs from 1970 to the year 2010 were projected to demonstrate the changes in different places of Uttarakhand.
During this event, famous geologist and Padma Bhushan awardee Chandi Prasad Bhatt recollected memories of the Himalayas and Chipko Movement.
He stressed on the people connecting with the roots to stave off natural calamities and also to fight migration.
The Government should also play its role in controlling migration from the villages, he added.
Scientists of India Institute of Remote Sensing (IIRS) informed that with the help of High-Resolution Satellite Data, detailed information can be received which can help in resolving the problem of tourism. SP Chamoli highlighted the places situated in Uttarakhand which have a huge potentialof turning into good tourism spots.
You might also like
- BMC action is ‘rape of my dreams, confidence, self-respect, future: Kangana September 18, 2020
- 4 Indian cities slip in Global Smart City rankings September 18, 2020
- No power can prevent Army patrols in Ladakh: Rajnath September 18, 2020
- Harsimrat quits over farm Bills September 18, 2020
- Under secretary Hari Singh dies of Covid September 18, 2020