Two men are feared dead after the parked tractor trolley they were asleep in fell into the Ganga river at Laksar in Haridwar in the wee hours of Sunday.
According to the information provided by official sources, four men- Nafeez, Yunus, Iqbal and Mustkeem had come to deliver fodder to a cow shelter near Rajiv Colony in Laksar. The tractor was parked on the edge of the road along the Ganga river. Nafees and Yunus had gone to visit the cow shelter while Iqbal and Mustkeem were sleeping in the tractor trolley. The tractor had been kept in neutral so it moved off the road and into the river. The two sleeping men also fell into the Ganga along with the vehicle and are feared dead. Later on being informed, the police were able to trace the submerged tractor but the bodies of the two men could not be found.
The police Kotwali in charge Yogesh Prabhari said that the incident took place in the morning at 4 AM. The police were still search for the two men till the time of this report being filed.
Monday, 25 November 2019 | PNS | Haridwar
You might also like
- Stray cattle on roads to become thing of the past November 25, 2019
- 377 domestic violence cases registered at OSC November 25, 2019
- The plight of children in India November 25, 2019
- 60-year-old man found dead on railway track November 25, 2019
- Poetry independent of geographical quotient: Naik November 25, 2019