Two men, five juvenile arrested for stealing two-wheelers
District police have arrested two men and five juveniles for stealing motorbikes and scootys by using juveniles as a medium. The two men are accused of using juveniles to target those vehicles in which their owners had left the keys or the ones which are easy to operate even without the keys. Police have recovered two scootys and four motorbikes.
The accused arrested have been identified as Avneesh (24) resident of Kaulagarh Road and Abhishek (24) resident of Gandhinagar.
Speaking with media on Thursday, Dehradun Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Arun Mohan Joshi said that is commendable that they caught the accused during a checking drive on November 13. He further said that this is what they intend to do to strengthen the security of the district.
According to the information provided by Cantt police station, during checking at Kishannagar Chowk they came upon a motorcycle whose riders were unable to show the documents of the vehicle. When asked strictly they confessed that the motorbike is stolen. During interrogation they also revealed the involvement of few juveniles. They claimed that they have stolen two vehicles from Rajendra Nagar, two vehicles from Kimadi Road, one vehicle from Rajpur Road and one from Premnagar.
Friday, 15 November 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- 4-year old raped in Haridwar November 15, 2019
- Open Air Gym gets positive response before inauguration November 15, 2019
- High rates keep visitors away from Children’s Park November 15, 2019
- MCD starts online payment of property tax for slum dwellers November 15, 2019
- Two men, five juvenile arrested for stealing two-wheelers November 15, 2019