Everyone present in the Ashram premises cheered when the two tied the nuptial knot. The ceremony was special since the groom and the bride were special. Both are hearing and speech impaired but understood the various actions and mantras recited by the priest on the occasion.
Daughter of a permanent resident of Shantikunj, Sunita is differently abled since birth. She did her MCA, BEd and NTT. Presently she is serving as an employee of the government of Chhattisgarh. The groom is Yashpal who is also well qualified and working in a private company. With the motivation of the head of All World Gayatri Parivar, both agreed to marry.
Speaking to this correspondent, head of AWGP Pranav Pandya said, as per Indian culture marriage is not merely a union of two bodies or social agreement but a supreme spiritual journey towards one’s self realisation. A good couple always contributes in progress of society.
Pundit Shiv Prasad Mishra solemnised the wedding ceremony as per Vedic rituals.
Wednesday, 15 May 2019 | PNS | Haridwar
You might also like
- Two Divyangs enter wedlock in Shantikunj May 15, 2019
- Use leaf plates & bowls, shun thermocol & polythene, appeals Municipal Commissioner May 15, 2019
- Questions raised again on hostels in Doon May 15, 2019
- Online property tax payment service starts for 20 wards May 15, 2019
- NVKM head submits memo on removal of sanitation workers May 15, 2019