Transport unions to combine efforts against the State’s decision to shift roadways workshop
Transport unions are planning to combine their forces against the State’s decision to transfer the roadways workshop land on Haridwar Road to Mussoorie Dehradun Development Authority (MDDA) for the green building project. For this a meeting of all transport unions is proposed to be held in a day or two. Transport unions individually are also conducting series of protest, in which on Monday members of Roadways Karmchari Sanyukt Parishad (RKSP) protested at the workshop against the state’s decision.
The union representative from the RKSP, Rakesh Rawat said that for their ambitious project the state has hijacked roadways land by giving them Rs 20 crore in compensation. The amount is not even half of the market price of the land they have transferred. He further said that it is the demand of all transport employees that in exchange for the land, the state provides them the ISBT land.
It is pertinent to mention here that all transport unions have warned the government and state administration that if their demands are not met, and they are forced to shift the roadways workshop then they will be conducting a state level strike against it.
Tuesday, 19 November 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Transport unions to combine efforts against the State’s decision to shift roadways workshop November 19, 2019
- 2 more accused in the armed robbery case found in Delhi November 19, 2019
- Sania is real in a sea of fakeness: Parineeti Chopra November 18, 2019
- Three men in a boat November 18, 2019
- AIMPLB seeks Ayodhya review November 18, 2019