The Jhanda Mela is slated to begin in Dehradun on March 25. The traditional rites associated with this fair began on Sunday.
As part of the traditional ritual, a group of devotees from Dehradun headed by Mahant Devendra Dass reached Aryavala in Haryana and offered prayers to the old ‘Jhanda Ji’. Amidst the presence of hundreds of devotees, the 60 feet high ‘Jhanda Ji’ was hoisted.
The group of devotees (Sangat) further started their journey to Dehradun on the day and will reach Dehradun by March 19. They will be welcomed by Mahant Devendra Dass. The throng of devotees from across India and abroad is expected to start arriving in Dehradun for the Jhanda Mela from March 22.
Monday, 18 March 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Don’t make it prestige issue: Vardhan to Didi June 15, 2019
- Doctors adamant on Didi’s apology June 15, 2019
- Reject free ride plan, it’ll lead to bankruptcy: Metro Man to Modi June 15, 2019
- Speak Bengali if you want to stay in Bengal, says Mamata June 15, 2019
- Mi-17 to drop ITBP team at Nanda Devi East base camp June 15, 2019