Dept monitoring tiger movement after it injured one man
A calf had a dramatic stare-down with a tiger in a forest post in Terai central forest division on Tuesday. After the department staff made noise, the tiger went away into the jungle. However, later the tiger reportedly attacked and injured a Van Gujjar.
A calf was browsing near the forest post at Motiya Line gate in Bhakhda range. On seeing a tiger appear suddenly, the bovine ran towards the forest post with the tiger following it. For some time the tiger and the calf stared at each other from close distance. The forest department staff then made noise which caused the tiger to move back into the jungle.
It is being reported that later, a Van Gujjar who had gone to search for his buffaloes in the woods encountered a tiger which attacked the buffaloes and the man. The injured Van Gujjar ran from the site even as forest staff arrived and again created noise to save the man. He was treated in the hospital and is said to be okay. After this incident, the forest department has installed a camera trap at the site of the incident and is monitoring the movement of the tiger.
Wednesday, 12 August 2020 | PNS | Haldwani
You might also like
- Don’t be misled by dalals’ advocates: PM to farmers September 19, 2020
- Farm Bills anger farmers, protest spreads September 19, 2020
- Limited numbers to be allowed in 2021 Kumbh Mela September 19, 2020
- Rawat completes 3.5 years in office September 19, 2020
- Covid-19- Highest single day recovery in U’khand September 19, 2020