At least three persons died and nine others were injured after the jeep they were travelling in fell off the mountainside on Tuesday. The accident happened at Chatiyada village in Ghansali area of Tehri district. According to local police, prima facie it appears that the vehicle was over speeding. The driver might have lost control of the vehicle at a turn causing the vehicle to fall off the road down the mountainside.
The deceased have been identified as Sabbal Lal (50), Shaukeen Singh (46) and Birbal (47) while the injured are Pradeep (24), driver Neeraj Kathait (22), Neeraj (22), Puja (19), Santosh (18) and 17 year old Vijay Pal.
According to the information provided by local police, Pradeep, Neeraj Kathait, Santosh and Vijay Pal have been referred to All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in Rishikesh.
It is pertinent to mention here that soon after receiving the information about the accident a team of local police and local State Disaster Response Force (SDRF) team reached the spot and started the search and rescue operation. After few hours of efforts they were able to rescue the injured and recover the bodies of deceased passengers.
Wednesday, 25 September 2019 | PNS | Dehraudn
You might also like
- gay dating sites November 11, 2019
- Four factors via the internet online casino can be better than experiencing Netflix November 11, 2019
- Bulbul kills 10 in Bengal, 1.8L evacuated November 11, 2019
- JP Nadda to reach Doon on Nov 15 November 11, 2019
- MP Tirath Singh Rawat & others hurt after car flips over November 11, 2019