Three persons lost their lives while one person was untraced when the car they were travelling in veered into a canal in Vikasnagar area of Dehradun on Friday. The ill-fated car was coming to Dehradun from Chandigarh when at around 8.30 am, its driver lost balance while trying to avert a collision with a truck coming from the opposite side and fell into Kulhal canal. The senior sub-inspector (SSI) of Vikasnagar police station Narrotam Bisht who was part of the police team which fished out three bodies from the canal said that with the help of locals and water police, the police team had recovered bodies of Mati Das (72), his wife Darshani Devi (62) and Vimlesh (23) from the canal.
He said that search is on to trace Harish Chandra of Kotdwar who is still missing. Bist said that the post-mortem of the dead had been done and subsequently their bodies had been handed over to their relatives.
Saturday, 16 March 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Traffic to be diverted on Saturday, police appeal for cooperation November 29, 2019
- Char Dham Shrine Board Teerth Purohits, Stakeholders see red November 29, 2019
- Candid Notes November 29, 2019
- Accidents killed 140 between Feb & October end this year in district November 29, 2019
- Operation of 125 new buses halted by UTC November 29, 2019