Three persons lost their lives while one person was untraced when the car they were travelling in veered into a canal in Vikasnagar area of Dehradun on Friday. The ill-fated car was coming to Dehradun from Chandigarh when at around 8.30 am, its driver lost balance while trying to avert a collision with a truck coming from the opposite side and fell into Kulhal canal. The senior sub-inspector (SSI) of Vikasnagar police station Narrotam Bisht who was part of the police team which fished out three bodies from the canal said that with the help of locals and water police, the police team had recovered bodies of Mati Das (72), his wife Darshani Devi (62) and Vimlesh (23) from the canal.
He said that search is on to trace Harish Chandra of Kotdwar who is still missing. Bist said that the post-mortem of the dead had been done and subsequently their bodies had been handed over to their relatives.
Saturday, 16 March 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- JeM strikes CRPF on yatra route June 13, 2019
- Cabinet clears fresh Bill to ban instant triple talaq June 13, 2019
- Most complex ISRO mission Chandrayaan-2 on July 15 June 13, 2019
- UP Bar Council chief shot dead by colleague June 13, 2019
- First batch of Kailash Mansarovar pilgrims reaches U’khand June 13, 2019