Three persons lost their lives while one person was untraced when the car they were travelling in veered into a canal in Vikasnagar area of Dehradun on Friday. The ill-fated car was coming to Dehradun from Chandigarh when at around 8.30 am, its driver lost balance while trying to avert a collision with a truck coming from the opposite side and fell into Kulhal canal. The senior sub-inspector (SSI) of Vikasnagar police station Narrotam Bisht who was part of the police team which fished out three bodies from the canal said that with the help of locals and water police, the police team had recovered bodies of Mati Das (72), his wife Darshani Devi (62) and Vimlesh (23) from the canal.
He said that search is on to trace Harish Chandra of Kotdwar who is still missing. Bist said that the post-mortem of the dead had been done and subsequently their bodies had been handed over to their relatives.
Saturday, 16 March 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- ‘Main Bhi Chowkidar’: Poor watchmen hope for Acche Din March 23, 2019
- Mala Rajya Laxmi Shah, two others file nominations from Tehri March 23, 2019
- Nishank supporters celebrate, factions close ranks to ensure win March 23, 2019
- BJP candidates file nominations from Tehri, Garhwal March 23, 2019
- BJP lists candidates for 5 Parliamentary seats March 23, 2019