A native of Jhabreda accused of stealing electricity transformers- Sadik alias Tinu has been arrested by the police in Pune. The Haridwar SSP Senthil Avoodai said, “The accused was living in Pune with his wife and four children, concealing his real identity and also changing locations many times. A team has been sent to catch him and to jail him after securing a transit remand from the magistrate in Pune.”
According to the police, Sadik had a number of people involved with him while he carried out the thefts in various parts of Haridwar. He is allegedly involved in thefts of 120 transformers. Rehman alias Pappu, Bilal, Alam, Sulekhchand, Deepak and Akhtar Hasan allegedly assisted him in carrying out these thefts at different locations in Bhagwanpur, Roorkee, Manglaur, Jhabreda and Gangnahar.
Official sources further state that there are a total of 23 cases lodged against Sadik. He is accused of thefts not only in Haridwar but also in locations outside the state.
The director general, Law and Order, Ashok Kumar has announced a reward of Rs 10,000, inspector general, Garhwal, Ajay Rautela has announced a cash reward of Rs 5,000 and the SSP has announced a reward of Rs 2,500 to the team from Haridwar which arrested the wanted criminal.
Monday, 18 November 2019 | PNS | Haridwar
You might also like
- Thief wanted in Haridwar nabbed in Pune November 18, 2019
- Artist should push himself to be successful: Shreya Sharma November 17, 2019
- A star abused me on sets: Swara Bhasker November 17, 2019
- RCom chairman Anil Ambani, four directors resign November 17, 2019
- U’khand conducive for investments: Utpal Kumar Singh November 17, 2019