Tehri resettlement areas notified as revenue villages
The State government has issued a notification making seven villages in the Tehri dam resettlement area Pashulok, Rishikesh in Dehradun district and Tehri Vikas Nagar and Tehri Bandrakoti in Haridwar district as revenue villages. Chief minister Trivendra Singh Rawat had approved this decision last month to meet a long standing demand of the residents of these villages. Haridwar Rural MLA Swami Yatishwaranand met the CM on Thursday and thanked him for this development. He said that by making the villages revenue villages, the demand which the residents had been raising for years has been fulfilled. With the status of revenue villages, the residents of these settlements will now receive the benefit of all government schemes and formation of Gram Panchayats.
The revenue secretary Sushil Kumar has asked the commissioner and revenue council secretary to display description of the newly formed revenue villages in the Tehsil building of the districts concerned and main sites in the villages while also entering the same in relevant documentary records.
Friday, 21 August 2020 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Farmers’ woes September 19, 2020
- Apple to launch online store in India on Sept 23 September 19, 2020
- Don’t be misled by dalals’ advocates: PM to farmers September 19, 2020
- Farm Bills anger farmers, protest spreads September 19, 2020
- Limited numbers to be allowed in 2021 Kumbh Mela September 19, 2020