Teen wrestler wins Bronze in Khelo India Youth Games
Sixteen-year-old Umang Singh of Harjoli Jat village in Haridwar district won the bronze medal in the recently concluded Khelo India Youth Games 2020. Umang has also won gold medals in state-level wrestling event and silver medals at the national level. There is an atmosphere of happiness in the whole village on this success of Umang with people thronging to his home to congratulate him.
This year Khelo India Youth Games were held in Guwahati, Assam earlier this year. Competing in the wrestling event, Umang won the bronze medal. The youngster credited his father, brother and trainer for his success. He said that there is a festive atmosphere in his village with people coming to wish him on his performance. The young wrestler said that he wants to progress further and win laurels for the nation in this sport.
Meanwhile, the local MLA Qazi Nizamuddin also reached the village to congratulate him on his success. Stating that he himself is quite interested in sports, Nizamuddin congratulated the teenager.
Tuesday, 18 February 2020 | PNS | Haridwar
You might also like
- Pilot back to recover lost ground August 12, 2020
- Eminent poet Rahat Indori dies during Covid cure August 12, 2020
- 411 fresh cases of Covid-19 reported in U’khand August 12, 2020
- Transfer personnel within a week from secretariat sections: CM August 12, 2020
- AIIMS Rishikesh now has helipad on campus August 12, 2020