Eight more cases of Swine flu have been reported by the health department on Tuesday.
The chief medical officer (CMO) Dehradun, Dr S K Gupta said that 81 patients have so far been found positive to Swine flu this season. He further said that 15 patients of the disease are now undergoing treatment at Mahant Indiresh Hospital while one patient has been admitted at Max Hospital.
CMO said that all medical professionals have been asked to keep track of the suspected cases of the disease and inform the district health department of each case being reported.
He claimed that all the hospitals have adequate supply of Tami flu (medicine of swine flu) and triple layer masks.
It is pertinent to mention here that 17 patients have died so far in different hospitals of Dehradun after the outbreak of the disease last month. Contrary to the claims made by the state health department, the number of H1 N1 affected patients is seeing a spike.
Wednesday, 06 February 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- DMK gives Congress 10 seats in TN, Puducherry February 21, 2019
- MBS backs India’s war on terror February 21, 2019
- Speaker forms committee on District Level Development Authority February 21, 2019
- Waste to energy policy ready for waste management: Min February 21, 2019
- Roads, health services in pathetic condition: Indira Hridayesh February 21, 2019