Swine flu claims one more life, death toll rises up to 15
With the death of one more patient at Mahant Indiresh Hospital due to Swine flu, the death toll in Dehradun has mounted up to 15 on Wednesday.
The sample of the deceased was found positive on Wednesday.
Moreover, three new cases of the disease surfaced in Dehradun on the day when the swab samples of these patients were found positive for H1 N1.
The assistant chief medical officer (ACMO) of Dehradun, Dr N K Tyagi said that 51 patients have so far been found positive to Swine flu this season.
He added that 33 patients have been reported positive by the Swine flu lab of Mahant Indiresh Hospital while 18 cases have been reported by the Integrated Disease Surveillance Programme (IDSP).
ACMO further said that all the medical professionals have been asked to keep track of the suspected cases of the disease and inform them to the district health department.
He added that all the hospitals have adequate supply of Tami flu (medicine of Swine flu) and triple layer masks.
Dr Tyagi said that since the disease spreads by droplet infection the people are advised to cover their nose and face with handkerchief while sneezing or coughing and also to regularly wash hands and face.
Thursday, 31 January 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Shah to head BJP till polls in Maha, Haryana, J’khand June 14, 2019
- Striking doctors defy Mamata’s ultimatum June 14, 2019
- Farmers to pay Rs 100/month for Rs 3,000/month pension June 14, 2019
- CM reviews Kumbh Mela 2021 preparations June 14, 2019
- CM seeks details of issues to be raised in NITI Aayog meeting June 14, 2019