IMA is the alma mater of Sultan.
The king of Kedah, Malaysia, Sultan Sallehuddin visited his alma mater, the Indian Military Academy (IMA) in Dehradun on Monday.
The Sultan had undergone his training as a Gentlemen Cadet(GC) form July 1962 to June 1963, before he assumed his appointment as a Lieutenant in the Royal Malay Regiment.
A communiqué from the IMA said , “It was a nostalgic journey down the memory lane for him to have visited his alma mater where he underwent training. The Sultan interacted with the Gentlemen Cadets and staff at IMA and got a firsthand update on the way training has transcended over time and evolved from his training days. The Sultan along with his wife was given a wind shield tour of the training and administrative facilities at IMA. The Sultan was a keen sportsman and played football in the Academy during his training days.’’
During his visit, Sallehuddin also interacted Commandant of IMA, Lieutenant General S K Jha, deputy Commandant of IMA, Major General G S Rawat and conveyed his gratitude and kudos to IMA for the professionalism with which training is being imparted to the GCs.
Tuesday, 19 November 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Sultan of Kedah Malaysia visits IMA Dehradun November 19, 2019
- Work underway to make 5 cities plastic-free by 2020 November 19, 2019
- PITHORAGARH BY-ELECTION: Youth & women voters hold the key November 19, 2019
- CEO suggests new museum in Kedarnath November 19, 2019
- Petitioner objects to planned Bill on exemptions to Ex-CMs November 19, 2019