The Governor Baby Rani Maurya said that the youth should not get deviated from path of serving the nation. She was addressing a seminar organised on the life and works of Swami Vivekananda on his birth anniversary at GB Pant University of Agriculture and Technology in Pantnagar on Saturday.
She appealed to the students, teachers and scientists present on the occasion to take care of one village each so that their proper development takes place.
Evoking the famous saying of Swami Vivekananda ‘Arise, awake and stop not till the goal is reached’, she exhorted the youth to do the national service by engaging in new and fruitful research.
The Governor said that the students can do path- breaking researches in the area of water conservation, preventing pollution, adopting scientific methods in agriculture and sustainable agriculture.
Terming India as country of the youth, she said that the students should take benefit of education in the best possible way. The Governor also visited the home science department of the university on the day. She said that the handicraft and other items produced by the women should be marketed. The vice-chancellor of the university Tej Pratap handed over a statue of Swami Vivekananda to the Governor on the occasion.
Sunday, 13 January 2019 | PNS | Pantnagar–
You might also like
- Missing AN-32 found in ruins June 12, 2019
- Scholarships for 5 crore minority students: Naqvi June 12, 2019
- Pilgrimage centres becoming centres of tourism: Shankaracharya June 12, 2019
- Maharaj meets Patel, discusses tourism plans June 12, 2019
- Two expeditions slated to start today for retrieving bodies of climbers June 12, 2019