Almost all of us are working from home but some may be facing challenges. NEHA BAJAJ shares tips to maximise and make most of their time
Before COVID-19 hit us work from home sounded pretty rosy, however now that we are confined and forced to work from home a majority of people feel otherwise and miss human interaction, having lunch with colleagues, going on smoke breaks, the harmless gossip and more.
Having said that, working from home can be extremely productive if you follow some basics. You will of course have to keep in mind that the situation now is very different from what it was when we would take work from home a month ago. A large number of people are now also managing their house chores since the helpers are also home and many have to cook, clean and take care of their babies while continuing to work and adding value to their clients. We all face certain challenges while working from home nevertheless, there are certain tips you can follow to maximise and make the most of your time.
The most common challenges faced by professionals while working from home include:
- Easy distractions: When working from home, generally people take things too lightly and get distracted by other things going on in the house, this is usually due to lack of structure and planning and most importantly because your home is not an office.
- Lack of motivation: While working from home alone, you may get the luxury to work in your pyjamas but not having your co-workers around can get quite dull. Hence, one can lose motivation which will, in turn, impact overall productivity and quality of work.
- Lag in internal communication: Having a clear communication channel is extremely important while working from home. In the office, you can simply reach out to anyone as they are physically present in your vicinity. Whereas while working from home it is imperative that internal communication and planning must remain clear to avoid any conflicts.
- No proper work environment: Not having your work-station and office set-up will definitely create a bit of havoc in your minds. It becomes unsettling when you have to work in an unprofessional environment.
- Here are some easy doable tips and tricks to work from home efficiently and effectively:
- Designated workspace: Create a designated workspace and utilise the space daily to bring stability in your routine. The workspace should preferably be a desk with a chair, ideally the dining table works like a charm. Keep your set-up ready as you would on your office desk. Keep the desk clean and arrange it with a diary and a pen and other necessary stationery items you may need, but do not clutter.
- Work with a schedule: Before starting your work for the day, arrange your thoughts and make a detailed schedule, say a task list of sorts, of what all has to be done, priority wise. Effective time management can play a vital role in increasing your productivity, and you must also inform your family members of your timeline, so you are not disturbed in between tasks.
- Stay in constant touch with your team: Your colleagues may not be able to reach out to you with the ease of just a shout out. So, you must assure them that you are just a phone call away and you are available for any assistance they require. Make it a point to call them at regular intervals but do not hover either, create a group chat and keep the conversation alive there. In the technologically advanced world, you must use all the available tools to stay connected with your teams. Constant communication will keep your team motivated and their morale high.
- Take short breaks: Take a break of a few minutes after every two hours to stretch, do some chores and break the monotony. If you need to make a call that doesn’t need you to stay in front of your computer then take a walk while talking on the phone it can be refreshing. Stretching and resting your eyes is advisable even in a regular work environment since it helps you relax.
- Indulge in fun activities with your colleagues: Everybody starts missing the office culture and their co-workers after a point. So, it can be a good idea to initiate some fun activities to indulge in fun online games or doing an informal video chat. This time can actually be used as a good bonding exercise too, have people talk to each other and get to know them better.
We need to try finding a silver lining and an opportunity in every situation, these are testing times across sectors, it’s imperative to maintain personal and mental health and at the same time continue delivery on the work front. Following the above steps will simply bring a structure to your work schedule and help increase your productivity.
The writer is Founder and MD,Scroll Mantra
Wednesday, 01 April 2020 | Neha Bajaj | in Avenue
You might also like
- Stay productive April 1, 2020
- Casual Sex Web Web Sites April 1, 2020
- REASONS YOU’LL NEED TO Benefit from REMPEN FOR THE Health Marijuana April 1, 2020
- Greatest 100 CBD Flatulence Vendors To get 2018 April 1, 2020
- Philipino Mail Order Bride – “Mail-Order Brides: comprehending the Philippines in Southeast context” that is asian be provided into the Spring, having an anticipated enrolment of 35 pupils. April 1, 2020